We are the Davis'

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Change of Seasons

The rainy season is coming to an end here in the next couple weeks, and I have been sad knowing it is about to be over. Everything is so green, and you can see all kinds of plants and flowers. In just a few weeks it will all turn brown, and we will not see a drop of rain for 6 months. But yesterday God reminded me that every season has its own beauty—even in Zambia with only two seasons. I woke up yesterday to a very cool, crisp morning, almost feeling like fall in the states. It was beautiful weather and during the dry season that is the case every morning. Not too cold, but cool. It was nice. Then last night, my breath was taken away as Jeremy and I were walking home at night. It was about 9:30 p.m. and usually you are trying to get home before the rain hits. We were walking with our flashlights and all of a sudden we look up and there are huge, bright stars everywhere, looking like they are just barely hanging above our heads. There was not a cloud in the sky. We both stopped and just stared. The stars in Zambia (during the dry season) are just amazing, and I had forgotten how wonderful it was since being here last time. How could I have forgotten? I felt that was a patient, gentle reminder to me that God will provide, in every season.
Many church leaders from around the area will be arriving on Sunday for the Muzha wa Yesu seminar. Please keep these men in your prayers for the month of April. We are praying these leaders will go home with a greater understanding of what it means to be a servant for God and a yearning to teach in their communities.
We now share a mailbag with Brian and Sondra in Solwezi. I have been monitoring about how long it takes for mail to arrive, and it looks like it only takes about 2 weeks, sometimes less! Here is our mailing address, for those of you that have been waiting on it:
Private Bag S-42
Solwezi, Zambia

1 comment:

  1. I am so looking forward to seeing those stars! We started our shots this week and the team is having another meeting next week -we're getting pumped! Gail and I go to Jamaica in a couple of weeks to get everything set for our school supply distribution. We're so anxious to see you! Is there anything we can bring to help with your girls' Bible study?

    ReplyDelete