We are the Davis'

Monday, December 6, 2010

December

I am really beginning to feel overwhelmed with all kinds of emotions as we are getting so close to the day...January 11.

I am nervous. I am leaning on the power of prayer a lot these days as I notice there are quite a few things I am going to have to completely place in God's hands...I am not in control...nurturing my family, protecting my 90-year-old grandmother and keeping my balance between two very different cultures.

I am excited! Here are a few faces that may help you figure out why...these sweet faces will become my family, those that I think of and hope for a life of love and hope in God. These pictures are from my trip to Zambia during the summer months of 2008.








Jeremy and I will leave for our last visit to Texas on Wednesday. We will be in my hometown of Abilene for one week, and then we will head to Ft. Worth for a few days for our last Zambia training weekend. This will be a special weekend for us to conclude what we have learned in the states about missions, with our families present. We will get back into Chattanooga right in time for Christmas.

Happy December!
Whitney 

1 comment:

  1. What Amazing Photos! I cant wait to see you both in Abilene! I wish I was going with you back to Mummena but will be covering you in prayers as you start your new journey!

    ReplyDelete